Smart and Skilled Notification of Enrolment Policy and Procedure
AD1 College understands that, as a Provider contracted under Smart and Skilled, we are contractually obliged to follow the Notification of Enrolment procedure as specified in the Smart and Skilled Operating Guidelines (Section 6).
AD1 College will follow the following procedures when enrolling learners in Smart and Skilled training courses:
- Check eligibility of prospective learner: general eligibility criteria are included in the table below. Further details including eligibility for Aboriginal, Disabled and Unemployed people are available in Schedule 2 in the Smart and Skilled Contract.
Learners and Providers will fill in the Proof of Eligibility on enrolment. This is available in the pages below. (For further details refer to the Fee Administration Policy, Schedule 6).
- Inform learners of any subcontracting arrangements.
- Complete the Notification of Enrolment Process in the Provider calculator on STS Online to notify STS of the learner enrolment. The calculator will:
- Validate eligibility of learner
- Add details of Credit transfer or RPL
- Generate details of the fee chargeable, subsidies and loadings
AD1 College understands that failure to complete the process before a learner commences training means the learner cannot be reported through the online (e-Reporting) system and this may result in payment not being made for these learners.
The following process as outlined by State Training Services will be followed to ensure the correct Notification of Enrolment process is completed:
- Complete an enquiry.
- A Quote ID is issued for the enquiry. (A Quote ID is only issued if the enquiry is successful, which means the individual is eligible to undertake the Smart and Skilled subsidised course selected.)
- Complete the additional information required for the Notification of Enrolment. (This step cannot be completed if the enquiry is not successful.)
- A hard or electronic copy of the Notification of Enrolment Report is generated and a copy kept on our file.
- The learner must be informed of all fees, schedule of payments, refunds for withdrawal or deferment and the policy relating to fees paid in advance. All relevant information will be included in the Fee Administration Policy, published on our website.
Note to points 3 & 4:
- A successful Notification of Enrolment for a learner is achieved when a provider is issued with a Commitment ID.
Commitment IDs begin with a "C" e.g. C150022650.
- An enquiry which results in a Quote and the issue of a Quote ID is not equivalent.
A Quote ID is distinguishable because it begins with a "Q", e.g. Q15000378751.
- The Notification of Enrolment can be undertaken as a single transaction or a two-stage transaction depending on when an enquiry proceeds to enrolment.
- Where a provider has undertaken a successful enquiry and not undertaken the Notification of Enrolment in the same transaction, they will need to return to that enquiry by clicking on the Quote ID in the Smart and Skilled Provider Calculator - Maintenance screen and provide the extra details to complete the Notification of Enrolment.
- Quote IDs will expire after seven days from the date of issue if the Notification of Enrolment is not undertaken before then.
References:Information on how to access STS online can be found on the State Training Services website: http://www.training.nsw.gov.au/about_us/login/
PConsent to Use and Disclose Personal Information
CONSENT TO USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION & COMMUNITIES AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
(First, Middle, and Last Name)
(Current residential address)
|With date of birth:||
|Understand and agree that personal information (information or an opinion about me), collected from me, my parent or guardian, such as my name, Unique Learner Identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information (including my ethnicity or health information) (together Personal Information) collected by AD1 College, may be disclosed to the Department of Education & Communities (Department).
The Department may disclose my personal information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside of New South Wales.
The above government agencies may use my Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of my training, the determination of my eligibility to receive subsided training or for any Fee Exemption or Concessions. My Personal Information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my Personal Information in the manner outlined above.
I also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact me by telephone, email or post during or after I have ceased subsidised training with the College of Transformation, Education and Training for the purposes of evaluating and assessing my subsided training.
I confirm that I have been understood the contents of the Learner Handbook.
|NOTE: IF UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF GIVING CONSENT, THEN THE CONSENT OF THEIR GUARDIAN IS REQUIRED|
|Full Name of Guardian|
|Signature of Guardian||Open this document in Adobe Acrobat Reader to add your digital signature.|
Proof of Eligibility Checklist
Learners are required to provide proof of eligibility for the Smart and Skilled Program on enrolment as in the table below. Learners are to sign declarations as required and staff members are to fill in sections to indicate the sighting of documents and/or copies kept. This Checklist should be kept on Learner file as evidence of collection of proof of eligibility along with the completed Notification of Enrolment form.
|Preferred name if different|
|Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)|
|Mobile phone number||(02)|
|Home phone number||(02)|
|Country of Birth||If not Australia:|
|City of Birth|
|Native Language||If not English:|
|Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin|
|Proficiency in Spoken English|
|English assistance needed|
|Qualification Name and Code|
|Qualification Start Date|
|Attending Other School/s|
|Highest COMPLETED school level|
|Dependent child or partner of a person in receipt of a disability support pensions|
|Unique Student Identifier|
|Permanent resident or Humanitarian Visa holder|
|I am registered as a NSW apprentice or new entrant trainee|
|Last Qualification completed since leaving school|
|Date of completion|
|Currently enrolled in a Qualification Course(s) other than the one this form applies to.||
If Yes, name of course(s):
|Do you wish to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning?|
|Do you have any special needs?|
|ARE YOU A REGISTERED JOB SEEKER? IF SO, COMPLETE THIS SECTION, OTHERWISE GO TO THE NEXT SECTION.|
|Job Seeker ID|
|Referring Employment Office|
|Referring Case Manager|
|Registered as long term unemployed (i.e. unemployed for 12 months or more)|
|Do you require support with any of the following|
|FEE FREE SCHOLARSHIPS|
|To be entitled to a fee free enrolment in training you must meet all of the criteria below. (Evidence of age, welfare recipient status and a check of the STS database must be completed as per requirements outlined above).|
|I am 15 – 30 years of age|
|I live in Social Housing or I am on the waiting list for social housing (see notes below)|
|I am a commonwealth welfare recipient
|I am the dependent of a commonwealth welfare recipient|
|I have not received a Fee Free Scholarship for another Qualification since July 2015.|
|Social Housing is defined as:
Prospective Learner Declaration
(First, Middle, and Last Name)
(Current residential address)
|With date of birth:||
|Declare that all information provided by myself to AD1 College in connection with the Notification of Enrolment Process is true, accurate, complete and not misleading in any way.
I have been informed of (delete as relevant)
|EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS|
|Emergency Contact Name|
|Relationship with Contact|
|Emergency Contact’s Phone Number|
|English Proficiency of Emergency Contact|
|Other languages spoken by your Emergency Contact Person, if English is not spoken|